Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New Profile- Dr. Andria Timmer, Anthropologist/ Personal Profile Analysis

Ultimately, I had a rather difficult time of identifying a unifying theme for this profile on Dr. Timmer. She was very interesting and very accommodating and nice to interview. I hope I wasn't too corny or cliche coming up with her being a humanitarian because, although it sounds overdone and elementary- it really it who she is.
I tried multiple times to contact her former colleague and career inspiration Dr. John Hartigan, an anthropology professor at UT, but he never responded to my attempts. It's a shame, really, because I have no doubt he would've been a great source and very informative.
Dr. Timmer was rather guarded on some details concerning her family and she effectively sidestepped a few of my questions, which greatly piqued my interest, but I didn't want to lose the interview or control over it, so I kind of let her go. In hindsight, I guess I wish I would've pressed her a bit harder for the answers to those personal questions. I would've loved to have heard more about her young son and about the chance meeting between she and her husband.
Overall, I felt I was very true to Timmer and her personality and describing her love for her profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment